Recipe by Isabeau
A very refreshing cold soup based on a recipe from a cookbook simply entitled Mediterranean. It has a Middle Easter flavor, unless you use the habanero pepper suggested. It would be great served with fresh flat bread or naan. Cooking time is time to chill.
- 2 English cucumbers, peeled
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 cup 0% plain yogurt
- 1⁄3 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons of fresh mint
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Grate cucumbers and squeeze out excess water. Place in a bowl. Add other ingredients, except hot pepper and chill at least 2 hours. The vinegar will turn the milk into buttermilk and the flavors will blend.
- Just before serving, process in blender until smooth. Add hot pepper to suit your tastes, or omit entirely for an authentic Middle Eastern flavour.