Prep 1 hr 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Put here for safe keeping - an interesting summer soup. Cook time is chill time.
- 1 medium avocado, halved and pitted
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth or 1 1⁄2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cooked shrimp, diced
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 4 small cooked shrimp, peeled
- Wrap one half of the avocado in plastic wrap and set aside after cutting and pitting; peel the other half and cut into chunks.
- Place the avocado, cucumber, broth, yogurt, line juice and salt in the bowl of a blender; process until smooth and creamy.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl and place in the fridge for at least 1 hour or until very cold.
- To serve, peel and dice the remaining avocado half, stir this into the soup along with the diced shrimp.
- Ladle the soup into 4 bowls; sprinkle with green onions and float a single shrimp on the top of of each bowl.