1/2 Photos of Chilled Cucumber, Avocado and Shrimp Soup
1 hr 5 mins
A delightfully refreshing chilled soup -- this recipe is perfect for a hot summer day, a BBQ or even dinner party. The presentation is simple yet elegant, and the soup itself is so good and easy to prepare. There are other avocado/cucumber soup recipes posted here at Zaar, but this one is different and contains an additional ingredient: shrimp! :) This recipe was adapted from a similar one found in HomeBasics magazine. Also note that "Cook Time" is the time required for proper chilling.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut the avocado in half and remove the pit. Wrap half the avocado in plastic wrap and set aside.
- 2Peel the other half of the avocado, then cut it into chunks.
- 3Place the avocado, cucumber, broth, yogurt, lime juice and salt in the bowl of a blender. Process until smooth and creamy. Transfer the mixture to a bowl and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or until very cold.
- 4To serve, peel and dice the remaining avocado half. Stir the avocado into the soup along with the diced shrimp.
- 5Ladle the soup into 4 bowls, sprinkle with green onions and float a single shrimp on top of each.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chilled Cucumber, Avocado and Shrimp Soup
Serving Size: 1 (294 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 149.2
- Calories from Fat 80
- Total Fat 8.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 3.6 mg
- Sodium 910.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 6.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: