Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
A delightfully refreshing chilled soup -- this recipe is perfect for a hot summer day, a BBQ or even dinner party. The presentation is simple yet elegant, and the soup itself is so good and easy to prepare. There are other avocado/cucumber soup recipes posted here at Zaar, but this one is different and contains an additional ingredient: shrimp! :) This recipe was adapted from a similar one found in HomeBasics magazine. Also note that "Cook Time" is the time required for proper chilling.
- Cut the avocado in half and remove the pit. Wrap half the avocado in plastic wrap and set aside.
- Peel the other half of the avocado, then cut it into chunks.
- Place the avocado, cucumber, broth, yogurt, lime juice and salt in the bowl of a blender. Process until smooth and creamy. Transfer the mixture to a bowl and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or until very cold.
- To serve, peel and dice the remaining avocado half. Stir the avocado into the soup along with the diced shrimp.
- Ladle the soup into 4 bowls, sprinkle with green onions and float a single shrimp on top of each.
Really loved this soup! Unfortunately have to leave the shrimp out since my partner doesn't do seafood. Next time I make it though I'm going to add it just in my portion. Thanks for the recipe!
This goes on my short list. I forgot to add chunks of the other half of the avocado an green onions when I served it. Will do tomorrow. Smooth and flavorful. If you like it spicey it would be easy to add kick.
I thought this was just ok, which was disappointing because it looked and smelled great, and I love all the ingredients. I might have liked it better with something to give it a little kick - maybe some Tabasco sauce - and maybe a little cilantro. I'm not sure I'll bother to try it again though.