Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 min
From Cardamom & Coriander by Simon Morris. Posted here for ZWT6 and my use since it's a library book. From the start I'm wary of chilled soups but I love Indian food and this looks like raita for an appetizer. Yum! Maybe this will be the soup that changes my heart... Cooking time does not include chilling
- 8 ounces cucumbers, seeded and diced
- 1 pint yogurt, plain (Greek yogurt is ideal)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 sprigs mint
- 6 sprigs cilantro
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed, roasted and ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Place cucumber in blender. Add the yogurt. Add remaining ingredients and process until smooth.
- Chill at least 2-4 hours or overnight.
Cool yet spicy. I would use much less paprika next time - its flavor strengthened a good bit overnight, to be a bit overwhelming.