Prep 4 hrs 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A deliciously fruity soup to cool you down on a hot Summer day! From the cookbook Soup Makes the Meal.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs ripe peaches, peeled (6 or 7 med-sized ones)
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups plain yogurt
- 1 -2 cup lemonade, to your taste
- chopped fresh lemon thyme or mint leaf, for garnish (optional)
- Cut the peaches into large chunks over the bowl of a food processor, discarding the pits.
- Add the sugar and lemon juice and process into a smooth puree.
- Pour the puree into a med-sized bowl.
- Whisk in the vanilla and yogurt.
- Stir in 1 cup of the lemonade.
- Cover in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Chill the bowls you plan to serve this in.
- Just before serving, check the consistency.
- If it seems to need some thinning (it shouldn't be very thick), stir in enough of the remaining 1 cup of lemonade to achieve the correct texture.
- Serve in the chilled bowls, garnishing with lemon thyme or mint, if desired.
This was a pretty good "soup" hehe. I cut down on the sugar quite a bit, as 3/4 cup just seemed like way too much to me (especially since lemonade is sweetened). I used much less than that (i cant remember how much, sorry!) and still found it to be a little too sweet for my tastes. I think next time, just for change, I might try to add some other kind of juice to it, for a different flavor!. I had to add some of the extra lemonade as it was a bit thicker than I believed it should be. Garnishing with mint was really nice :-) I really loved the way this "soup" looks in pretty glass dishes. THanks for the recipe and the idea. I will try this with other fruits :-) Thanks again!!