- 709.77 ml water
- 828.06 ml chopped celery
- 236.59 ml chopped onion
- 2.46 ml caraway seed
- 236.59 ml buttermilk
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan simmer water, celery, onion, and caraway seeds until celery is very tender, about 30 minutes.
- Cool mixture slightly and in a blender puree in batches until smooth, transferring to a bowl.
- Stir in buttermilk and salt and pepper to taste.
- Chill soup, covered, at least until cold, about 6 hours, and up to 1 day (after that, it will lose its fresh taste).
- Before serving, season with salt and pepper, if necessary.