Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
- 2 small celery root or 1 large celery root (2 pounds)
- 354.88 ml buttermilk
- 1.23 ml salt
- 0.25 ml white pepper
- 118.29 ml finely chopped chives or 118.29 ml green onion top
- Peel the celery root and dice into 1/2-inch cubes.
- Place it in a steamer and steam over boiling water for 10 minutes, or until tender enough to be easily mashed.
- Remove celery root from steamer and reserve one cup of liquid.
- Put one-third of the celery root and the reserved liquid in a blender.
- Blend until smooth, alternately adding the remaining celery root along with the buttermilk, salt and white pepper.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour into a bowl and add the chopped chives.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Chill before serving.
- Serve in chilled soup bowls or mugs.