Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe is from "The Mississippi Cookbook." Recipe submitted by Ernest Moody of Arcola, MS.
- 1 (2 ounce) jar instant coffee
- 1 cup hot milk
- 2 quarts chocolate ice cream
- 2 quarts vanilla ice cream
- 1 pint cream, whipped
- 1 pint soft vanilla ice cream
- Dissolve coffee in hot milk. Let cool.
- Blend coffee with quarts of chocolate and vanilla ice cream and whipped cream until custard consistency.
- Place in punch bowl, chill in deep freeze, if possible.
- Before serving, add soft vanilla ice cream in center.
- Float whipped cream on top and sprinkle with nutmeg.
Great creamy coffee beverage! Since I didn't have any whipped cream I topped it with chocolate chip ice cream. Delicious! Made for summer Comfort Cafe.