Recipe by Pikake21
This is more of a dessert, that I found while browsing the internet. Tapioca can scorch very easily. Use your highest quality, heaviest clad saucepan.
- 2 ounces small pearl tapioca
- 1 pint water
- 1 cup milk
- 3 ounces sugar
- 1 orange, zest of
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) can coconut milk
- 6 ounces heavy cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring tapioca and water to a boil over medium heat.
- Remove from heat and let rest, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Add milk, sugar, and orange zest and simmer for 15 minutes. Watch heat and stir frequently while scraping bottom.
- Add coconut milk and cream and slowly return it to a boil stirring.
- When boiling, pour into a stainless steel bowl that you've chilled in freezer or fridge.
- Cover with plastic wrap. Allow wrap to actually touch soup so a film doesn't form.
- Place in fridge until thoroughly chilled.