1 hr 10 mins
This is more of a dessert, that I found while browsing the internet. Tapioca can scorch very easily. Use your highest quality, heaviest clad saucepan.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring tapioca and water to a boil over medium heat.
- 2Remove from heat and let rest, covered, for 10 minutes.
- 3Add milk, sugar, and orange zest and simmer for 15 minutes. Watch heat and stir frequently while scraping bottom.
- 4Add coconut milk and cream and slowly return it to a boil stirring.
- 5When boiling, pour into a stainless steel bowl that you've chilled in freezer or fridge.
- 6Cover with plastic wrap. Allow wrap to actually touch soup so a film doesn't form.
- 7Place in fridge until thoroughly chilled.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chilled Coconut-Tapioca Soup
Serving Size: 1 (355 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 515.1
- Calories from Fat 352
- Total Fat 39.1 g
- Saturated Fat 29.7 g
- Cholesterol 69.7 mg
- Sodium 63.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 21.7 g
- Protein 4.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
oranges, zest of