1/2 Photos of Chilled Coconut Soup
Jane Milton's Recipe includes, milk, coconut milk, shredded dry coconut, white pepper and cilantro.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pour the milk in to a large saucepan. Bring to a boil, stir in the coconut, lower the heat and let simmer for 30 minutes.
- 2Spoon the mixture into a food processor and process until smooth. This may take a while--up to 5 minutes--so pause frequently and scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- 3Rinse the pan to remove any coconut that remains, pour in the processed mixture and add the coconut milk.
- 4Stir in the chicken stock (homemade if possible) cream, salt, pepper, and sugar.
- 5Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring occasionally then lower the heat and cook for 10 minutes.
- 6Reserve a few cilantro leaves to garnish, then chop the rest finely and stir into the soup.
- 7Pour the soup into a large bowl, let it cool, then cover and put into the refrigerator until chilled.
- 8Just before serving taste the soup and adjust the seasoning as chilling will alter the taste.
- 9Serve in chilled bowls, garnished with cilantro leaves.
Browse Our Top Mexican Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mexican Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chilled Coconut Soup
Serving Size: 1 (415 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 794.9
- Calories from Fat 459
- Total Fat 51.0 g
- Saturated Fat 39.7 g
- Cholesterol 84.8 mg
- Sodium 541.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 77.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 61.9 g
- Protein 11.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: