Chilled Cherry Soup from the New York Times
- Simmer together for 20 minutes the raisins, orange and lemon slices, lemon juice, cinnamon stick and water.
- Remove the cinnamon stick.
- Add the peaches, cherries, sugar and salt to the mixture and bring to a boil.
- Blend the cornstarch with a little water and add to the fruit.
- Cook, stirring, until clear, or about one minute.
- Adjust the sweetening, adding more if sour cherries are used.
- Serve chilled, garnished with whipped cream [or creme fraiche - whipped cream blended with sour cream].