Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Refreshing and creamy, served cold. You may make it ahead and refrigerate for several hours until ready to serve it.
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 2 medium avocados, peeled and seeded
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro leaf, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon green chili powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- Purée all ingredients in a blender until smooth.
- Refrigerate purée in a tightly covered bowl for 4 hours, until cold.
- Place in serving bowls and garnish with extra chopped cilantro and diced tomatoes.
this is very easy to make and makes a very nice appetizer. mixit up set it to cool and get on with the business of cooking everything else. I substituted tabasco green pepper sauce for the cayenne and it turned out quite nicely.