- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic (3 large cloves)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 lbs carrots, peeled and sliced thin
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons curry powder (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 8 cups chicken stock (5 141/2 0z.fat free cans)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh chives
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the olive oil in a large heavy saucepan.
- Saute the onions over low heat for about 10 minutes. Add the garlic, ginger, carrots, curry powder, pepper, and salt. Stir to mix. Add the chicken stock, bring to a boil, and simmer, covered, for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and cool to room temperature before pureeing the soup in batches until smooth.
- Chill for at least 6 hours. Garnish with fresh chives. Serves 8. Good warm also.