Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Another wonderful dish for a hot summer day
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh gingerroot, finely grated
- 1 tablespoon lemon peel, finely grated
- 6 -7 cups ripe cantaloupe, coarsely chopped
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups milk
- 8 sprigs of fresh mint
- 1 cup cantaloupe, finely diced
- Place butter, honey, ginger root and lemon peel in small bowl. Microwave 45 seconds until butter melts. Stir to blend.
- Transfer mixture into blender. Add melon chunks and puree until smooth. Stir in milk. Transfer to bowl, cover and chill 4 hours.
- Garnish with mint sprig diced melon.