Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is an ellegant first course or a light dessert for a summer meal. Originally from an August 1980 issue of Bon Apetit in the R.S.V.P. Letters to the Editor section. The recipe was requested from The Castle Restaurant in Leicester,Massachusettes.
- 4 ripe cantaloupes, peeled, seeded and cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1 (6 ounce) can orange juice concentrate
- 1 cup honey (decrease amount of honey if cantaloupes are very sweet)
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup calvados
- mint sprig (garnish)
- Puree cantaloupe in blender or food processor until smooth.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except mint and mix well.
- Chill thoroughly.
- Serve in chilled stemmed glasses or glass bowls and garnish with mint sprigs.