Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This recipe was printed in the "Arizona Republic" newspaper. I am especially fond of anything that has beets and buttermilk in it. Cooking time is the amount of time the recipe is refrigerated.
- 2 (15 ounce) cansof whole beets, chopped & drained
- 1 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh dill
- 1⁄4 cup minced scallion
- 1⁄4 cup chives
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped cucumber
- In a blender or a food processor, combine beets, apple juice, and buttermilk and puree until smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl.
- Stir in chives.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Add salt and serve with chopped cucumber.