Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
We have had an abundance of broad beans, though getting towards the end of the crop when I came across this recipe in Australian Good Food so thought I would post here for next year when the DH plans on planting more than we did this year. Please note you could make the soup the day before and serve with the soldiers the following - would advise serving soldiers hot though.
- Heat stock and cream in a large saucepan on medium, until just simmering and add broad beans and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes until just tender, remove from heat and stir in chervil and then using a stick blender, blend until smooth and season to taste with lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Transfer soup to a large jug, cover and refrigerate until cold.
- Preheat oven to 200C or 180C fan forced.
- Cut sourdough into 2cm thick batons and place on a baking tray and bake for 5 minutes until crisp.
- Spread soldiers with goats cheese and bake for another 2 minutes or until cheese starts to melt.
- Pour soup into small teacups and top with chervil sprigs and serve with sourdough soldiers.