We have had an abundance of broad beans, though getting towards the end of the crop when I came across this recipe in Australian Good Food so thought I would post here for next year when the DH plans on planting more than we did this year. Please note you could make the soup the day before and serve with the soldiers the following - would advise serving soldiers hot though.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat stock and cream in a large saucepan on medium, until just simmering and add broad beans and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes until just tender, remove from heat and stir in chervil and then using a stick blender, blend until smooth and season to taste with lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- 2Transfer soup to a large jug, cover and refrigerate until cold.
- 3Preheat oven to 200C or 180C fan forced.
- 4Cut sourdough into 2cm thick batons and place on a baking tray and bake for 5 minutes until crisp.
- 5Spread soldiers with goats cheese and bake for another 2 minutes or until cheese starts to melt.
- 6Pour soup into small teacups and top with chervil sprigs and serve with sourdough soldiers.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chilled Broad Bean (Fava Bean) Soup With Sourdough Soldiers
Serving Size: 1 (131 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 236.7
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 20.3 mg
- Sodium 584.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 8.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: