Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Posting for ZWT Very simple recipe. Prep time does not include overnight chill time Adapted from Ursula Heinzelmann "Mohnpielen is a legacy of the former Eastern German provinces, mainly Silesi
- 1 1⁄2 cups seedless raisins
- 1⁄2 cup poppy seed
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 4 white dinner rolls, stale about 3/4 lb torn into 2inch pieces
- 5 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup dark rum
- Put raisins, poppy seeds, sugar, and rolls into a large bowl and stir to combine; transfer to a 10" × 13" casserole dish and spread out evenly; set aside.
- 2. Put milk into a medium pot, bring just to a boil over medium-high heat, then pour over bread mixture. Toss gently to mix without breaking up the rolls. Let cool slightly, then cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate overnight.
- 3. When ready to serve, remove dish from refrigerator and scoop pudding into small bowls. Drizzle with rum and serve immediately.