Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
A great use for fresh strawberries. Cool and refreshing.
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1⁄3 cup ginger ale
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- Put strawberries into the container of an electric blender; cover and blend until smooth.
- Add in the ginger ale, milk, sugar, lemon juice, and vanilla extract; cover and blend until combined.
- Pour mixture into a bowl; add in sour cream; whisk until smooth.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2-3 hours or until chilled.
This is a wonderful treat especially in the summer. We like to have ours served over warm biscuits!
This was a great way to use up extra fresh berries. We used strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries. I also lowered fat by using skim milk, diet ginger ale, and splenda in place of sugar... Thank you for sharing this great recipe!
I recently ate this at a Dinner Party and was going to post it myself. I had previously been uninterested in cold soups, since I love them hot so very much. This is a wonderful recipe! It is positively awesome. It would make a fabulous smoothie!