4 hrs 30 mins
Posted for ZWT II - Russia/Eastern Europe Recipe taken from "Bon Appetit Tastes of the World"
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine 4 cups broth, beets, onion, carrot and garlic in medium saucepan.
- 2Bring to boil.
- 3Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and simmer until vegetables are very tender, about 35 minutes.
- 4Cool slightly.
- 5Puree in blender in batches until smooth.
- 6Transfer to bowl.
- 7Thin with additional broth if soup is too thick.
- 8Mix in sugar.
- 9Season with salt and pepper.
- 10Cover and chill until cold, at least 4 hours or overnight.
- 11(Can be prepared 2 days ahead, keep refrigerated).
- 12Ladle soup into bowls, sprinkle with dill and chives. Top with sour cream.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chilled Beet Soup With Dill Cream
Serving Size: 1 (422 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 120.4
- Calories from Fat 15
- Total Fat 1.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 175.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 13.1 g
- Protein 7.4 g