Recipe by dojemi
Very refreshing on a hot Summers day. Reprinted from the "New England Soup Factory Cookbook" by Marjorie Druker and Clara Silverstein.
- 3 lbs beets
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup chopped Spanish onion
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 6 cups chicken or 6 cups vegetable stock
- 1 pint fresh raspberry
- 2 cups light cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon raspberry vinegar
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- To cook beets:
- Wash and trim stems from beets.
- Place in 4-quart pot. Add 3 quarts water.
- Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium.
- Simmer, uncovered, for 40 minutes or until beets are tender when pierced with knife.
- Place under cold running water.
- Peel off skins.
- Cut beets into large chunks.
- Set aside.
- To cook soup:
- Melt butter in stockpot over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic, onions, celery and beets. Saute for 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add chicken stock.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Simmer for 30 minutes.
- To finish soup: Remove from heat. Add raspberries.