Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
A great summer soup. Similar to a gazpacho but simpler in taste.
- 2 cups fresh corn, cut from cob
- 4 cups tomato juice
- 1 cucumber, peeled, cubed, and seeded
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled, pitted and cubed
- 4 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- chopped fresh cilantro
- Cook corn until tender.
- Combine corn, tomato juice, cucumber, avocados, lime juice, garlic and cumin.
- Put ground red pepper in a little water and heat on stove to release heat before combining it with the rest of the soup.
- Chill for 1-2 hours until very cold.