Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Great summer soup.
Make and share this Chilled Avocado Soup With Ginger and Lime recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 shallots
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 (13 ounce) avocados, halved, pitted, peeled, mashed
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- chopped fresh cilantro
- lime slice
- Melt butter in a medium pan over medium heat.
- Add minced shallots and minced ginger; sauté for about 1 minute.
- Add chicken broth, lime juice, cayenne pepper; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for about 3 minutes.
- Transfer mixture to a large bow.
- Purée avocados and half & half in a blender.
- Whisk into soup.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- Garnish soup with cilantro and lime slices.
I am sorry, but I thought this soup was terrible. The only reason I gave it one star was because my husband said it was edible. We followed the recipe exactly. I think for me, maybe it is because of the chicken broth being cold and it just tasted terrible. I think maybe this soup also needed a lot more flavor- such as garlic/salt.