Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is an adopted recipe featuring my favorite ingredient. Recipe from Chef Ben Berryhill - Cafe Annie
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1⁄2 red onion, diced
- 1⁄2 tablespoon butter or 1⁄2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 quarts cold chicken stock or 2 quarts chicken broth
- 8 ripe avocados, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1⁄2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 English seedless cucumbers, peeled and diced
- 1 lime, juice of
- Sauté carrot, celery and onion in butter or olive oil until they are al dente.
- Add to cold chicken stock.
- Dice all of the avocados.
- Whisk 5 of them into the chicken stock until the soup begins to thicken.
- Lightly whip in the cream and 1 more avocado.
- Salt to taste.
- To make relish, take 2 remaining avocados and combine with cucumbers and lime juice.
- Season with salt.
- To serve, place relish in the center of a chilled bowl and pour in chilled soup.