Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Perfect for lunch on a hot summer day!
- 3 medium avocados (peeled, pitted, and diced)
- 1 tablespoon shallot (peeled and chopped)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 cups fat-free chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- sea salt
- black pepper
- 1 medium tomatoes (diced)
- In a blender or food processor, blend avocado until smooth. In a small skillet over medium heat, saute chopped shallots in butter until tender and almost translucent but not browned. Sprinkle with chili powder and set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk together avocado with chicken broth and soy milk. Add shallot mixture and whisk until smooth. Stir in sea salt and black pepper to taste. Adjust seasonings to taste, or try adding a touch of hot sauce!
- Serving Suggestions:.
- Chill for 45 minutes prior to service. Garnish with diced tomato.
- I made this recipe for a spice-loving friend and used roasted chipotle chili powder which added a warmth and a deep fire roasted flavor! Squeeze fresh lime juice on the tomato garnish for a puckered finish.