- 4 ripe avocados
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 cup light cream
- 1⁄2 cup white onion, minced fine
- fresh ground pepper, coarsley ground
- chives (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl, mash avacados, add lime juice, then the other ingredients. Whisk until smooth, then to consistency of thick cream using extra stock or milk if needed. Taste for seasoning. Use plenty of black pepper.Chill.
- Garnich each bowl with chopped chives, including the chive blossom.
- The soup can be made several hours in advance. The lime juice keeps it from darkening.