Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I'm not a huge fan of cold soups, but this is good. You need to use the Haas avacodos, not the big, Florida avocados.
- 4 medium ripe Hass avocadoes
- 4 1⁄2 cups vegetable broth or 4 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 -1 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 cup light cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lime juice
- Split avocadoes in half with a knife and remove the pits. Scoop out the insides with a spoon and blend with 2 cup of the broth in a blender until smooth.
- Stir in the curry powder, salt, pepper, cilantro, cream, lime juice, and remaining stock.
- Optional: when ready to serve, garnish with ectra avocado slices and/or cilantro and/or lime.
The flavor of this soup is a bit strong and unusual, but two of us at our small informal dinner party of six really enjoyed it (I was one). It's very quick and easy to make, and when you're in the mood for something different, I recommend trying it.