Recipe by Aric Ross
This recipe is a great solution for those hot summer days. The avocado poses a truly unique taste and the red pepper gives it just the right amount of tang.
Top Review by melewen
Update: I make this in the food processor today, first put in the avocado, then the water and milk, and it came out like butter soup.. in a good way. It was really creamy and really smooth. On occasion I toss in a little finely chopped cilantro. Delicioso
- 2 medium avocados
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 1 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 8 lemon slices
- 1 dash red pepper sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice the avocados lengthwise into fourths.
- Press through a sieve into a mixer bowl.
- Add the water, milk and lemon juice gradually, beating until the mixture is smooth.
- Stir in the seasoned salt, pepper sauce and tomato.
- Chill, covered, in the refrigerator.
- Spoon into soup bowls.
- Top with the lemon slices.