Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Cool and refreshing!
Make and share this Chilled Avocado Cucumber Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cucumber, peeled and cut into 1/4 inch cubes
- 2 avocados, pitted and peeled
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt (I used 1/2 cup milk kefir)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 small jalapeno, minced (remove seeds for less heat)
- 1⁄3 cup scallion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped, plus additional for garnish
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin (optional)
- In a blender, combine half the cucumber and 1 avocado with the kefir (or yogurt), lime juice, jalapeno, scallions, cilantro, and one cup of ice water.
- Puree until completely smooth.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a large bowl.
- Cut remaining avocado into 1/4 inch cubes. Stir avocado and remaining cucumber into soup.
- Thin with 1/2 to 1 cup ice water, as desired.
- Season again with salt and pepper, if needed.
- Serve garnished with tomatoes and chopped cilantro.