Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a caribbean-inspired chilled soup to be enjoyed over the hot summer months.
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled, seeded and cubed
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon sour cream (optional)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups coconut milk
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce or 1⁄2-1 teaspoon a few drops Tabasco sauce
- 3 chives, finely chopped
- Combine avocado, garlic, the chicken stock, lime juice, sour cream, and salt and pepper in a blender or food processor and puree. Mix in coconut milk until smooth. Stir in hot pepper sauce.
- Chill the soup for at least 1 hour. Garnish with chopped chives just before serving.
I made this the other day as an appetizer & it was absolutely gorgeous. I used crushed chilis instead of hot sauce. Thanks evelyn/athens!