Karen in MA's Note:
The MOST delicious chilled soup I have ever had, this is from Nadsa De Monteiro of Elephant Walk, a French Cambodian Restaurant in the Boston area.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 quart orange juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 cup lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil or 2 tablespoons soybean oil
- 3 avocados, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 2/3 cup button mushroom, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 2 cups plum tomatoes, diced without pulp
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped (per serving)
- 1Cover the chopped onion with salt for 20 to 30 minutes.
- 2Rinse the salt completely off the onion, drain and squeeze off excess water.
- 3Mix salt, black pepper, orange juice, lime juice, garlic and sugar. Stir to mix well.
- 4Add olive oil/soybean oil and mix well.
- 5Add the diced avocado, mushroom, tomatoes and onion. Stir gently now to mix well.
- 6Let chill for 1 hour before serving.
- 7When serving, add 1 Tablespoon of chopped cilantro to soup and stir to mix.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chilled Avocado Citrus Soup
Serving Size: 1 (597 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 467.3
- Calories from Fat 266
- Total Fat 29.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2927.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.4 g
- Sugars 29.3 g
- Protein 6.4 g