Recipe by cookiedog
From San Francisco Flavors. This soup is for all the avocado lovers! It even tastes great without the cilantro and without being chilled. Preparation time does not include time in the refrigerator.
Top Review by Poway Lady
Excellent soup was a hit with all the guests. I subsituted a Mango-papya salsa for the tomato. Gave it a little kick. Also you can put large prawns on the side of the soup for presentation.
- 2 1⁄2 large ripe Hass avocadoes, peeled and pitted
- 3 cups chicken stock (OR canned low-salt chicken broth)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2⁄3 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream (I use light)
- 1 large tomatoes, peeled and seeded
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Tabasco sauce or hot sauce, for serving
Directions See How It's Made
- In a blender or a food processor, combine 2 of the avocados, the stock or broth, lime juice, yogurt, and sour cream. Blend until smooth.
- Add the tomato and cilantro. Pulse until the tomato is coarsely chopped, not puree.
- Pour into a bowl and season with salt. Coarsely chop the remaining avocado half and stir into the soup. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Ladle into bowls and serve with a dash of hot sauce.