Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 mins
Asparagus with an Asian influence. This makes a delicious cold or room temperature side dish that pairs well with Oriental main dishes or any type of grilled meat.Easy to make and it can be prepared in advance. Originally from a local paper.
- Cook asparagus in a large skillet of boiling, salted water until just crisp-tender, about 4 minutes.
- Drain; rinse with cold water and drain well.
- Pat dry with paper towels.
- Arrange on a platter.
- Mix sesame oil, rice vinegar, soy sauce, and sugar in a small bowl and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- (Asparagus and sauce can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover separately and refrigerate.) To serve, spoon dressing over asparagus, sprinkle with toasted sesame seed and serve.
We make this ALL the time, especially for parties. It's always raved about. Goes perfectly with everything, even cook-out food (i.e., burgers & sausages)! Definitely one of our faves, and we don't have to tinker with the recipe a bit. It's perfect as-is.
I found this in Bon Appetit.