Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
Recipe is from the Nothing But the Best cookbook. Sounds simple but delicious! Prep time does not include marinating time in refrigerator.
- 2 lbs fresh asparagus
- 1⁄4 cup sugar (or sugar substitute if desired)
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 cup pecans, toasted and finely chopped
- fresh ground pepper
- Snap off tough ends of asparagus. Remove scales from stalks with a vegetable peeler, if desired. Cook asparagus in boiling salted water to cover 6-8 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. Rinse with cold water; drain well. Place asparagus in a large heavy-duty, zip-top plastic bag.
- Combine sugar and next 3 ingredients; pour over asparagus. Seal bag securely, and gently turn to coat. Marinate in refrigerator for 1 hour, turning once.
- Remove asparagus from marinade, reserving marinade. Place asparagus on a serving platter, and drizzle with reserved marinade. Sprinkle asparagus with toasted pecans and pepper.
Wow!! This is a true taste delight of sweet, salty and nutty all painted on blanched asparagus pallet. I made as written being careful not to over blanch the asparagus. This is one of those recipes I will be pulling out every asparagus season. Thanks for the 10 star post.