1/4 Photos of Chilled Artichoke Soup
This soup is to artichokes what vichysoisse is to leeks! Delicious as a starter (particularly for an Italian meal) or lunch on a warm day. If you are stumped by the metrics, don't forget you can use the handy converter provided by 'Zaar (to be found just after the quantity). Preparation time DOES NOT include 3-4 hour chilling time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Warm the olive oil in a large saucepan and saute the onion and garlic just until they are softened, but not browned.
- 2Add the artichoke hearts and vegetable broth to the mixture.
- 3Bring to the boil, then reduce the temperature to a simmer; partially cover the pan and allow to simmer for 3 minutes.
- 4Remove from heat, and puree the mixture with a hand blender (or do the same in a food processor) until smooth.
- 5Return to the saucepan and allow to cool completely.
- 6After it is cooled, add the sour cream and the thyme.
- 7Place in the refrigerator, covered, for 3-4 hours before serving.
- 8When serving, garnish each bowl with sun-dried tomato strips, if desired.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chilled Artichoke Soup
Serving Size: 1 (465 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 313.7
- Calories from Fat 96
- Total Fat 10.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 13.8 mg
- Sodium 1362.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 22.2 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 15.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: