Recipe by miname
What can I say - yet another chili dish. But mines the best one! Serving size and cooking time are approximate
- 500 g mincemeat (Beef or Kangaroo if you can get it)
- 1 (400 g) can red kidney beans, drained
- 1 (200 g) jar taco sauce
- 1 large onion (roughly chopped or sliced)
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, crushed and chopped
spices to taste
- bay leaves or Mexican seasoning
- salt & pepper
- olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pan, put olive oil, onion, and garlic, most of the paprika and half of the other spices, and "sweat" the onions (sweating is when you cook them over very low heat, so the onion softens instead of crisping up).
- Add meat to pan and brown (If using kangaroo cook the meat as quickly as possible--overcooked kangaroo tastes yuck). Add kidney beans, taco sauce and the rest of the spices, including salt& pepper.
- Simmer over low-medium heat for 15-45 minutes.
- Serve with corn chips and cheese for nachos, in tacos, on baked potatoes, whatever.