1/1 Photo of Chilla Quillas
A quick and tasty alternative to enchiladas. Serve with sour cream, diced onions and salad for a complete meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large frying pan pour the oil and set to medium high heat. I like to add a few popcorn kernels to tell me when the oil is ready.
- 2Once the oil is hot add the tortilla squares and fry till almost crisp.
- 3Turn off the stove and with a slotted spoon remove the squares onto a paper towel lined plate or bowl.
- 4While the oil cools shred the chicken and cheese.
- 5Empty out the oil from the pan and return the tortillas to the pan, spread the shredded chicken over the tortillas.
- 6Then pour the enchilada sauce over the chicken and tortillas and gently fold into each other till the chicken and tortillas are well coated with enchilada sauce.
- 7Sprinkle the cheese over the mixture.
- 8Over medium-low heat allow the chilla quillas to heat through and the cheese to melt. Once the sauce is bubbling and cheese is completely melted your meal is ready to serve.
Nutritional Facts for Chilla Quillas
Serving Size: 1 (239 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 684.2
- Calories from Fat 504
- Total Fat 56.0 g
- Saturated Fat 11.3 g
- Cholesterol 49.1 mg
- Sodium 859.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 19.0 g