Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
We serve this in our ice cream parlor and it's very popular. I know there's another frozen hot chocolate recipe here, but this one is different, as it's made with hot cocoa mix.
- 6 fluid ounces milk
- 1⁄2 cup hot cocoa mix (or 2 packets...we use Swiss Miss Milk Chocolate flavor)
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups crushed ice cubes
- whipped cream (optional)
- additional hot cocoa mix (optional)
- Pour milk into blender.
- Add hot cocoa mix and ice.
- Blend first at low speed and then high speed until ice is finely crushed and slushy.
- Pour into tall glass and top with whipped cream and a dusting of hot cocoa mix, if desired.
- Serve with a straw and enjoy!
- P.S. This recipe was originally posted using small ice cubes. At our shop we have a commercial blender that has no problem getting through these. Since most people have regular blenders, I have changed it to crushed ice.
I just saw this recipe and decided to make it! Im so pleased with it. I did make some changes, i used 3oz of milk, and a small scoop of vanilla ice scream. Not having the regular swiss miss hot chocolate, i used the one with marshmellows. But all in all still came out very tasty!
This was amazing! I did make some changes like right before I blended it on top of the crushed ice I drizzled chocolate syrup on top to make it taste extra chocolatey I also didn't crush every last bit of ice so that it stays cool well you are drinking it!!
This recipe is perfect. I made two servings so I just double everything and it was great! Very tasty in the summer when your craving hot chocolate.