We serve this in our ice cream parlor and it's very popular. I know there's another frozen hot chocolate recipe here, but this one is different, as it's made with hot cocoa mix.
- 6 fluid ounces milk
- 1⁄2 cup hot cocoa mix (or 2 packets...we use Swiss Miss Milk Chocolate flavor)
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups crushed ice cubes
- whipped cream (optional)
- additional hot cocoa mix (optional)
- Pour milk into blender.
- Add hot cocoa mix and ice.
- Blend first at low speed and then high speed until ice is finely crushed and slushy.
- Pour into tall glass and top with whipped cream and a dusting of hot cocoa mix, if desired.
- Serve with a straw and enjoy!
- P.S. This recipe was originally posted using small ice cubes. At our shop we have a commercial blender that has no problem getting through these. Since most people have regular blenders, I have changed it to crushed ice.
Fantastic recipe! So refreshing. The best part is that I always have the ingredients on hand so I can make this whenever I have the craving for something cool and chocolatey. I actually made mine dairy-free by using my own mix and almond milk.
Yummy! I just received a new ninja blender and we just made this , this morning, Very easy and Delicious!!
This was fantastic! I used half the recipe because I only had one pack of hot chocolate but it was amazing. I also added marshmallows and chocolate syrup. I loved it!