Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
We serve this in our ice cream parlor and it's very popular. I know there's another frozen hot chocolate recipe here, but this one is different, as it's made with hot cocoa mix.
- 6 fluid ounces milk
- 1⁄2 cup hot cocoa mix (or 2 packets...we use Swiss Miss Milk Chocolate flavor)
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups crushed ice cubes
- whipped cream (optional)
- additional hot cocoa mix (optional)
- Pour milk into blender.
- Add hot cocoa mix and ice.
- Blend first at low speed and then high speed until ice is finely crushed and slushy.
- Pour into tall glass and top with whipped cream and a dusting of hot cocoa mix, if desired.
- Serve with a straw and enjoy!
- P.S. This recipe was originally posted using small ice cubes. At our shop we have a commercial blender that has no problem getting through these. Since most people have regular blenders, I have changed it to crushed ice.
I made it and it turned out very good.
I was wanting hot chocolate but I didn't really want a warm drink, enter this recipe! I've been to Serendipity and had the famous hot chocolate and I've also used their "drink mix", while good it's also expensive. What I love about this recipe is that it says to use crushed ice! If you crush it in your blender first, then add everything it works so much better! I'll save this recipe to share with friends and family!
This recipe was very good. However, I did modify it and it make quite an improvement. I added one cup of chocolate milk instead of white, a scoop of vanilla icecream and only 1/3 cup of hot chocolate mix. I did the rest the same. It was to die for. A great summer treat.