Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
We serve this in our ice cream parlor and it's very popular. I know there's another frozen hot chocolate recipe here, but this one is different, as it's made with hot cocoa mix.
- 6 fluid ounces milk
- 1⁄2 cup hot cocoa mix (or 2 packets...we use Swiss Miss Milk Chocolate flavor)
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups crushed ice cubes
- whipped cream (optional)
- additional hot cocoa mix (optional)
- Pour milk into blender.
- Add hot cocoa mix and ice.
- Blend first at low speed and then high speed until ice is finely crushed and slushy.
- Pour into tall glass and top with whipped cream and a dusting of hot cocoa mix, if desired.
- Serve with a straw and enjoy!
- P.S. This recipe was originally posted using small ice cubes. At our shop we have a commercial blender that has no problem getting through these. Since most people have regular blenders, I have changed it to crushed ice.
I just saw this recipe and decided to make it! Im so pleased with it. I did make some changes, i used 3oz of milk, and a small scoop of vanilla ice scream. Not having the regular swiss miss hot chocolate, i used the one with marshmellows. But all in all still came out very tasty!
I was wanting hot chocolate but I didn't really want a warm drink, enter this recipe! I've been to Serendipity and had the famous hot chocolate and I've also used their "drink mix", while good it's also expensive. What I love about this recipe is that it says to use crushed ice! If you crush it in your blender first, then add everything it works so much better! I'll save this recipe to share with friends and family!
This was amazing! I did make some changes like right before I blended it on top of the crushed ice I drizzled chocolate syrup on top to make it taste extra chocolatey I also didn't crush every last bit of ice so that it stays cool well you are drinking it!!