1/5 Photos of Chill out Frozen Hot Chocolate
We serve this in our ice cream parlor and it's very popular. I know there's another frozen hot chocolate recipe here, but this one is different, as it's made with hot cocoa mix.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 fluid ounces milk
- 1/2 cup hot cocoa mix (or 2 packets...we use Swiss Miss Milk Chocolate flavor)
- 1 1/2-2 cups crushed ice cubes
- whipped cream (optional)
- additional hot cocoa mix (optional)
- 1Pour milk into blender.
- 2Add hot cocoa mix and ice.
- 3Blend first at low speed and then high speed until ice is finely crushed and slushy.
- 4Pour into tall glass and top with whipped cream and a dusting of hot cocoa mix, if desired.
- 5Serve with a straw and enjoy!
- 6P.S. This recipe was originally posted using small ice cubes. At our shop we have a commercial blender that has no problem getting through these. Since most people have regular blenders, I have changed it to crushed ice.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chill out Frozen Hot Chocolate
Serving Size: 1 (767 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1026.4
- Calories from Fat 142
- Total Fat 15.8 g
- Saturated Fat 9.6 g
- Cholesterol 25.6 mg
- Sodium 1251.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 199.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.4 g
- Sugars 149.7 g
- Protein 21.2 g