Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
A robust and hearty chili recipe that never goes out of style.
- 1 (16 ounce) package Johnsonville Ground Mild, Sweet or Hot Italian Sausage
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 celery ribs, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with green pepper and onion
- 2 (16 ounce) cans kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream, chopped onion
- In a Dutch oven, cook sausage and ground beef over medium heat until meat is cooked and browned; drain.
- Stir in onion, celery and garlic.
- Cook and stir until tender.
- Add tomatoes, beans, broth, tomato paste, sugar, chili powder, Worcestershire sauce, cumin and red pepper flakes.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with cheese, sour cream and onion.