Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A little twist on your ordinary vodka sauce. I'm not one that loves spice so this is just enough that I can handle it, but the heat really adds to the dish.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 plum tomatoes, diced and seeded
- 1 -2 serrano chili, seeded, minced
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 4 ounces vodka
- 2⁄3 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parmesan cheese, grated
- basil, chiffonade (optional)
- 9 ounces your favorite pasta, cooked al dente
- Heat the oil over medium heat.
- Add the tomatoes, garlic, and chilis to the pan and saute about 3 minutes.
- Add the vodka and saute about 5 minutes.
- Add the heavy cream slowly, stirring and simmer until thickened.
- Turn the heat off and stir in the parmesan until melted.
- Pour the sauce over the cooked pasta and portion into bowls.
- Garnish with extra parmesan and basil.