Recipe by byZula
This is a copycat recipe.
Top Review by JennyLynn99
Loved it! We love spicy food and this hit the nail on the head. Spicy enough to be delicious, but not so much that you can't taste your food. We didn't change a thing. Used 2 rather large boneless, skinless breasts and there was almost no topping left over (I didn't crush the tortillas to a powder though, I left them a little chunky). We served this with recipe #11657 by Evie* and a side salad. Delightful and filling dinner!
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup crushed tortilla chips
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons water
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Coat a large baking sheet with vegetable cooking spray.
- Combine dry onion soup mix, red pepper flakes, cayenne pepper, cumin, and finely crushed tortilla chips; set aside. Beat together egg and water; set aside.
- Place chicken breasts between two pieces of plastic wrap and pound to an even 1/2-inch thickness.
- Cut into 1/2-inch by 3-inch strips. Dip strips in egg then into tortilla chip/spice mixture, coating well.
- Arrange in a single layer on prepared baking dish; drizzle with butter.
- Bake uncovered for 15 to 18 minutes, or until chicken is done and topping is golden and crispy.