Recipe by JustaQT
You can make this sauce easily at home. From Copykat.com (http://www.copykat.com)
Top Review by Ridinthewind
Very smooth and fairly mild taste- next time I think I will take some others' advice and add some garlic and cilantro for a little more flavor. UPDATE: I have added about 1 T lime juice, 1/3 garlic clove, and 1 tsp dried cilantro & it makes a HUGE difference in flavor! I truly love this salsa now- so easy to make with what you have & GREAT taste!!!
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can whole canned tomatoes (plus the juice)
- 4 teaspoons jalapenos (canned,diced, not pickled)
- 1⁄4 cup yellow onion (diced)
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- In food processor place jalapenos and onions.
- Process for just a few seconds.
- Add both cans of tomatoes, salt, sugar, and cumin.
- Process all ingredients until well blended but do not puree.
- Place in covered container and chill.
- A couple of hours of chilling will help blend and enrich the flavor.
- Serve with your favorite thin corn tortilla chips.