From Copykat.com (http://www.copykat.com) This is traditionally served as a sandwich but may be served as is!
- Pound chicken breast until it is somewhat flattened, and season with salt and pepper.
- Spray Pam in a nonstick skillet, and cook chicken breast until it is done.
- Transfer to a serving plate.
- Top chicken breast with Barbeque sauce, bacon, and cheese.
- Broil chicken breast in the oven, or melt the cheese in a microwave.
- Sprinkle with a small amount of cold chopped tomatoes and chives.
Great recipe. I worked at Chili's for a couple of years and absolutely love this dish. The only thing is in order to make it truly authentic you need to cook the chicken on a gas grill, not over the stove, and it's best to melt the cheese under a broiler. That's how they do it at the restaurant. Other than that it's perfect :-)
this was good. i cooked the chicken in the bacon drippings instead of pam for extra flavor.
I actually created an account so I could review this! This was one of the best dinners I've made in a while! Everyone loved it! Even my 2 youngest that wanted their chicken left plain kept asking for a bite of mine! I grilled the chicken then topped it with left over bacon from breakfast, Sweet Baby Ray's honey bbq sauce, cheese and chives then popped it in the toaster oven on broil for a short time. Quick and easy, especially when using already cooked bacon! Thanks for posting.