1/1 Photo of Chili's Margarita Grilled Chicken and Belinda's Mexican Rice
Belinda in Austin, TX's Note:
I started with a copycat recipe, added more of my favorite (garlic salt) ingredient, and then made this for my son, as well as for my co-worker, who had just had a baby. Everyone's comment: "Wow! That was really tender, tasty chicken!" (I didn't tell them how incredibly easy it was!) I served it with my Mexican rice (another favorite)and black beans.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup margarita mix
- 1/4 cup tequila
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- garlic salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1Marinate chicken in margarita mix, tequila, and garlic in refrigerator for several hours, or overnight. (I soaked it overnight, and it was really flavorful.).
- 2Remove chicken from marinade, and sprinkle with garlic salt and pepper.
- 3Preheat George Foreman or gas grill. Cook chicken just until cooked through (just until juices run clear-don't overcook, or it won't be as juicy).
- 4Serve with Mexican rice and black beans.
- 5Mexican Rice:.
- 6Cook rice in 1 tablespoon oil, until lightly browned.
- 7Add chicken broth, salsa, cumin, and garlic salt; cover pan and simmer for about 25 minutes, or until rice is tender.
Browse Our Top White Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All White Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chili's Margarita Grilled Chicken and Belinda's Mexican Rice
Serving Size: 1 (308 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 362.7
- Calories from Fat 66
- Total Fat 7.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 75.5 mg
- Sodium 610.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 31.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: