I started with a copycat recipe, added more of my favorite (garlic salt) ingredient, and then made this for my son, as well as for my co-worker, who had just had a baby. Everyone's comment: "Wow! That was really tender, tasty chicken!" (I didn't tell them how incredibly easy it was!) I served it with my Mexican rice (another favorite)and black beans.
- Marinate chicken in margarita mix, tequila, and garlic in refrigerator for several hours, or overnight. (I soaked it overnight, and it was really flavorful.).
- Remove chicken from marinade, and sprinkle with garlic salt and pepper.
- Preheat George Foreman or gas grill. Cook chicken just until cooked through (just until juices run clear-don't overcook, or it won't be as juicy).
- Serve with Mexican rice and black beans.
- Mexican Rice:.
- Cook rice in 1 tablespoon oil, until lightly browned.
- Add chicken broth, salsa, cumin, and garlic salt; cover pan and simmer for about 25 minutes, or until rice is tender.