Prep 2 hrs
Cook 2 hrs
Serve on flour tortillas with cheese, guacamole, sour cream, tomatoes, and lettuce.
Make and share this Chili's Fajitas recipe from Food.com.
For the marinade
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lb top sirloin steaks or 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large Spanish onion, sliced thin
- 1⁄2 green pepper, sliced thin
- 1⁄2 red pepper, sliced thin
- 1⁄2 yellow pepper, sliced thin
- Combine the lime juice, water, oil, garlic, soy sauce, salt, liquid smoke, cayenne pepper, black pepper and either the sirloin OR the chicken in a Tupperware container, cover, and refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Discard leftover marinade.
- Grill meat over medium flame 4-5 minutes on each side.
- Cut meat into thin strips.
- Set aside and keep warm.
- Combine the 2 Tbls. water, soy sauce, lime juice, salt, pepper and olive oil.
- set aside.
- cook onion and peppers in oil until brown.
- remove from heat.
- pour reserved mixture over onions and peppers.
- combine meat, onions, and peppers.
Good - I didn;t follow all of the steps, though. First I substituted chili powder instead of the cayenne, and also added the same amount of cumin. Also, I cut my meat into small pieces before marinating, and then didn't marinate so long (I actually put it into my vacuum sealer for a few minutes after it marinaded for 1/2 to 1 hour). I then dumped the meat and marinade into the pan and cooked till the meat was barely done, and then added the veggies right to that until they were barely done. (The marinade was doubled, and I had lots of veggies :) Oh, yes, an I used chicken.
THESE WERE ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!! we were short on time so we cut the meat up first and then marinated it for about a half an hour and it worked great. I would like to have been able to marinate it for longer but it still tasted amazing! awesome recipe!!! we will definately make this again!
My family loved this recipe. It has become an instant repeat for us. Didn't have to change much just added more garlic.