Serve on flour tortillas with cheese, guacamole, sour cream, tomatoes, and lettuce.
Make and share this Chili's Fajitas recipe from Food.com.
For the marinade
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lb top sirloin steaks or 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large Spanish onion, sliced thin
- 1⁄2 green pepper, sliced thin
- 1⁄2 red pepper, sliced thin
- 1⁄2 yellow pepper, sliced thin
- Combine the lime juice, water, oil, garlic, soy sauce, salt, liquid smoke, cayenne pepper, black pepper and either the sirloin OR the chicken in a Tupperware container, cover, and refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Discard leftover marinade.
- Grill meat over medium flame 4-5 minutes on each side.
- Cut meat into thin strips.
- Set aside and keep warm.
- Combine the 2 Tbls. water, soy sauce, lime juice, salt, pepper and olive oil.
- set aside.
- cook onion and peppers in oil until brown.
- remove from heat.
- pour reserved mixture over onions and peppers.
- combine meat, onions, and peppers.