Recipe by CoffeeB
This is the light version of the oh so fabulous, but oh so fattening Southwestern Eggrolls from Chili's Restaurant and Grill. Now I feel better:-) And only 3 WW points!! Serving size is for 1/2 the recipe.
Top Review by jpatel02004
I really enjoyed this recipe. I had to make a few substitutions, as I did not have all of the necessary ingredients. My egg roll consisted of lettuce (with chipotle dressing) instead of spinach. I didn't have tortillas, so I actually rolled the filling up in large wonton wraps. They probably came out crispier than the tortillas would have. Otherwise, I stuck to the recipe and was quite pleased with the results.
These rolls would probably be better applied as appetizers for a small dinner party opposed to being the main dish. However, for my personal party of one, I gobbled them all up. They're easy to make according to the directions. You can also experiment and test out what you like.
- 3 flour tortillas, not large (LaTortilla Factory Brand Originals LowFat LowCarb)
- 1 ounce chicken, cooked and shredded
- 2 tablespoons black beans, canned
- 2 tablespoons corn, canned
- 1 ounce fat free cheese, shredded (your choice of kind)
- 1 tablespoon red chili pepper, diced
- 3⁄4 cup frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 2 tablespoons avocados
- 2 tablespoons nonfat sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Hidden Valley Ranch dip, dry
- 1 tablespoon tomatoes, diced
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine chicken, corn, cheese, chili pepper, and spinach in a microwaveable bowl.
- Heat for 30 seconds in micro.
- Warm tortillas in micro for 15 seconds.
- On a clean, flat surface, lay out tortillas side-by-side.
- Put 1/3 of chicken mix in the center of each tortilla.
- To assemble each roll, fold the left and right sides in so no filling escapes during cooking, and roll up.
- Place all 3 rolls seam side down on a baking pan that has been sprayed.
- Bake 12 minutes, flipping 1/2 way through cooking.
- While eggrolls are in the oven prepare dip.
- Combine sour cream, avocado, and dry dip mix in a small bowl until smooth.
- Season to taste with pepper.
- Top dip sauce with tomatoes before serving.
- When eggrolls are done, allow to cool for a few minutes, then cup diagonally.