1/6 Photos of Chili's Crispy Honey-Chipotle Chicken Crispers ByTodd Wilbur
These sweet and spicy chicken tenders can be served as either an appetizer or an entree. This recipe was created by Todd Wilbur from Top Secret Recipes - www.TopSecretRecipes.com.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons ground chipotle chile pepper (McCormick makes a powder)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup chicken broth (Swanson)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1Make honey-chipotle sauce by combining all ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat until boiling.
- 2Reduce heat and simmer for 2 minutes.
- 3Remove from heat.
- 4Heat shortening or oil in fryer or Dutch oven to 350 degrees F.
- 5Whisk together all ingredients for the batter, excluding flour, in a shallow bowl for at least 30 seconds.
- 6Whisk in the flour.
- 7Make the breading by combining all ingredients in another shallow bowl or pie pan.
- 8When you are ready to fry the chicken, dip each piece of chicken into the batter.
- 9Lift the chicken out of the batter and let some of the excess drip off.
- 10Toss the chicken into the dry breading and coat completely.
- 11Repeat with 2-3 other pieces.
- 12Carefully drop the breaded chicken into the hot oil and fry for 4 minutes, or until golden brown.
- 13Remove chicken from oil and allow to drain on paper towels.
- 14Repeat steps 8-13 until all the chicken tenders have been cooked.
- 15When all the chicken tenders are done, drop them into a large glass or metal bowl.
- 16Pour the sauce over the top, and toss gently until all the chicken tenders are coated with sauce.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chili's Crispy Honey-Chipotle Chicken Crispers ByTodd Wilbur
Serving Size: 1 (242 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 491.9
- Calories from Fat 30
- Total Fat 3.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 49.5 mg
- Sodium 2331.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 107.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 51.8 g
- Protein 11.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: