Recipe by michelles3boys
These sweet and spicy chicken tenders can be served as either an appetizer or an entree. This recipe was created by Todd Wilbur from Top Secret Recipes - www.TopSecretRecipes.com.
Top Review by internut46
Oh my.... that was one of the best copies I have ever tried. make sure to buy the hidden valley dry mix and mix with buttermilk and hellmans mayo for the copy ranch dippin sauce and you will think you brought Chili's to your house. We have 4 teens and everyone said this is the best they have ever tasted. we doubled the batter and breading to feed 6 and tripled the sauce to be sure it was enough ( which of course was perfect ). Please take our word that this is nearly 100 percent in taste to our favorite dish and was a much better buy for a large family.
- 12 chicken tenderloins
- shortening (or vegetable oil, 6 cups for frying)
- 2⁄3 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons ground chipotle chile pepper (McCormick makes a powder)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup whole milk
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth (Swanson)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Make honey-chipotle sauce by combining all ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat until boiling.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Heat shortening or oil in fryer or Dutch oven to 350 degrees F.
- Whisk together all ingredients for the batter, excluding flour, in a shallow bowl for at least 30 seconds.
- Whisk in the flour.
- Make the breading by combining all ingredients in another shallow bowl or pie pan.
- When you are ready to fry the chicken, dip each piece of chicken into the batter.
- Lift the chicken out of the batter and let some of the excess drip off.
- Toss the chicken into the dry breading and coat completely.
- Repeat with 2-3 other pieces.
- Carefully drop the breaded chicken into the hot oil and fry for 4 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove chicken from oil and allow to drain on paper towels.
- Repeat steps 8-13 until all the chicken tenders have been cooked.
- When all the chicken tenders are done, drop them into a large glass or metal bowl.
- Pour the sauce over the top, and toss gently until all the chicken tenders are coated with sauce.